Caring For Your Woodies
Like anything of quality, a classic car, nice pair of (white) shoes, etc. they need a little extra love to keep in mint condition. These care instructions are simple and easy to follow to help keep your Woodies ready for every adventure.
(photo by Jackson James)
Cleaning Your Sunnies
1. Use a lens cloth, microfiber towel or lint free cloth to wipe them down.
2. For a deep clean, use water to wash and wipe them down.
3. Towel dry after cleaning.
- Don't leave your sunnies lying in the dash of your car- extreme heat exposure may warp the lenses.
- You may use a beeswax, lip-balm or walnut oil to gently brush onto the wood to help maintain shine.
- You should always wash/rinse anything you put into the ocean. Salt water is very dehydrating and causes corrosion. If you spend a day in the ocean with your sunnies, don't forget to rinse them off!
- Some pools may have chemicals that affect the lenses (similar to how it affects skin). Try to avoid putting them in chlorine.
- The best thing you can do to protect your lenses is make sure to put them back in their case when they aren't being worn.
As an added bonus to owning unique sunglasses, you're also helping the environment by not investing in traditionally fully plastic sunglasses! Thanks for being part of the Woodies family.